Because the Berkshire Volleyball Association plays 3 set matches rather than the standard 5 set matches, we have had to modify some of the rules. You can view and download a complete set of the rules below:
The Official Volleyball Rules 2005 from the FIVB have been updated. Although the current EVA International Rules 2002 booklet is still valid the new rule book contains a better introduction and some renumbering of the rules. There is also a Line Judges signals section and a revamp of the official signals to be used by referees. No new rules have been introduced though.
Below you can find a PDF download of our current scoresheets (A3). To assist in completing scoresheets accurately, we have also provided an example completed scoresheet:
Below you can download the standard Rotation Slips from the EVA:
Entering a Team
If you’d like to enter a new team into the BVA league simply complete our contact form and let us know. We’ll then get in touch to explain what you need to do.
- League subscription £60 per team
- Goodwill deposit of £20 per team
We do not like giving out fines but in case there are situations where teams lose out on money because of avoidable situations regarding the rules we have the following fines in place:
- Fielding illegal player(s) £15 per player
- Default of match Half the cost of the venue is also payable to the host team £20 + 1 league point
- Failure to supply five match officials £10
- Failure to provide qualified first referee £10 + 1 league point
- Illegal team uniform £10 per player
- Failure to notify match results on time £10
- Failure to post results with correct postage £10 + postage due
- Not having a representative at the AGM £20
- Late payment of fines £20 per 14 days
For clubs with more than one team:
- Failure to attend a BVA committee meeting Warning Only
- Failure to attend 2 BVA committee meetings £5
- Failure to attend 3 BVA committee meetings £10
- Failure to attend 4 BVA committee meetings £20
The fine for illegal team uniform is only applicable after a team has been warned on the first occurrence of such an offence.
A penalty has been added for the failure to use the correct postage when scoresheets are posted, as this causes undue work for the Competition Secretary, having to collect the letter from the Post Office and pay the postage due costs.